RiskMeter Webinar: EQECAT Catastrophe Modeling Site Deductibles
12:00 AM 12:00 AM
RiskMeter hosted a webinar on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 2 pm EDT. RiskMeter founder, Dan Munson, lead a live demonstration of the new EQECAT site deductibles feature.
RiskMeter offers windstorm and earthquake catastrophe modeling reports from EQECAT and has recently added site deductibles to their EQECAT cat modeling reports. This new feature is extremely important, as deductibles will affect both AAL and PML. Using deductibles allows the user to more accurately rate and price the risk.
Components of the webinar included demonstration and explanation of the following:
- Carriers, program managers, and MGAs can use the metrics to more accurately price risk.
- Brokers can make more compelling presentations to clients and negotiate better rates with carriers.
- Cat modeling allows you to more accurately rate risks.
- Different building types can dramatically affect pricing.
- Inputs are required to run the models and what data is returned.
Attendees were also be given a free trial to test drive the new features.